Monday, February 16, 2009

WA#5 Wedding

It’s twelve thirty, the wedding started at twelve fifteen. I can’t believe I’m late to my own brother’s wedding. Is it at the church over on Park Street or is it that big old church over by the stadium? Let’s pick the big old one by the stadium, it’s closer.
Alright here we are I think this is it. Do I have everything? Oh man this bow tie looks ridiculous. Whatever, I have to get in there.
Holy Jesus these doors are heavy, you’d think with all these old people they’d have some lighter doors.
“Oh hello there grandma, how are you? I know I’m late grandma, got held up at home. Oh I know it looks ridiculous, Johnny picked it out. I know I know I’m going.”
Wow, there are a lot of people there. Oh including the bride’s sisters, hello there. Oh here we go, there’s a little wink. Oh wow she didn’t like that.
There’s ol’ Johnny, I can’t believe he’s getting married and I can’t believe I’m late.
“Hey Johnny, sorry I’m late” he looks a bit pissed.
“Hey you shmuck, bout time you got here. Got the ring?”
HOLY HELL! I forgot the ring, oh no, what am I gonna do? It’s sitting right on my dresser at home, oh hot damn.
“Oh yeah, I just forgot it in the car. Excuse me for a sec while I retrieve the precious” I can’t believe I just lied so hard, I better hurry.
This is such a long church, why did it have to be here. It makes this a whole lot more awkward for me now. Holy cow, grandma looks pissed. Alright let me quicken my pace a bit.
Again with these doors, I feel like my arm is going to get ripped off. What a nice day it is and look at my beautiful black Stang sitting glowing with glory. Alright baby, let’s start her up.
PUTTPUTT POW!
You’ve gotta be kidding me!? Alright I guess I’ll have to run back to the house to get the ring. Oh ouch, those ankles don’t like those dress shoes. Wow, starting to work up a sweat. Breathe, breathe, and breathe. Alright keep on going, we’re almost there.
Here we are, oh wow I need to fix those shudders. Here I go up the stairs and THERE’S THE RING! Here I go down the stairs and I’m gone. It’s twelve forty five; Johnny is probably giving birth to a small cow right now. Alright sprint legs sprint! Faster legs! Breathe, breathe, and breathe some more. I SEE THE CHURCH!
The holy heavy doors yet again.
“Grandma, Hello again! Yes I know” such a sweetie she is.
There he is, he’s so damn happy right now. Oh man I might start crying. Oh no, don’t do it, stay strong.
“Got it?”
“Yea…here” keep it in, don’t breakdown.
“I love you brother”
“OH GOD I LOVE YOU TOO BROTHER!” Oh that was a bit too much, wow that felt good.
“Sorry, go on” Oh here it is and the ring is on! I wonder if the bride’s sister is going to be at the reception.

1 comment:

Ms. Wiesner said...

Very good tone. I buy it. Now the challenge is to take on a very different tone as the bride in your second draft.